Effective Date: November 16, 2017
We, Oribe Hair Care, LLC (collectively, “Oribe”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On Oribe’s website (www.Oribe.com)(the “Site”);
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Oribe or our Site; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Site.
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE SITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW ("Personal Information");
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details; and
- Any other information you may choose to submit to the site via comment or email.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; advertising
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our email service, participating in an event, contest, or promotion, or requesting further services;
- Information we request when you report a problem with our Site, or any of our product offerings;
- Records of correspondence between you and Oribe;
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
- Details regarding other people, including email information and names of recipients of gifts purchased through the Site.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
- Information about your mobile device and network, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and information about your use of our Site. To facilitate your use of certain Site features, we may request your permission to collect information about the location of your device and access information from certain native applications on your device.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site (and our emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that help deliver cookies and permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To present or improve our Site and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information or products that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To respond to your comment or questions, and provide you with customer service;
- To monitor Site trends and activities;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products we offer or provide through it; and
- Towards any other purpose for which the information is collected.
Where We Store Your Data
Who We Share Your Information With
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- Provide our customer list, and the personal and/or delivery information contained therein, to third parties who may, in our estimation, offer products of interest to you;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe that you are breaching the Oribe Terms and Conditions or other policies, or if disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Oribe, our customers, or others;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Oribe’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Oribe about our customers is among the assets transferred; or
- With your consent.
We may disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, or provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 700 women under the age of 25 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help our advertisers display their advertisement to their target audience.
- To update or correct personal information relating to your account: You can update or correct your name, e-mail address and other preferences by logging into your account or by calling 1(888)674-2399 to speak with an Oribe representative or email [email protected].
- Receiving newsletters and promotional e-mails: You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive or call 1(888)674-2399 to speak with a representative.
- Behavioral based advertising: You can opt out of some, but not all, online behavioral based advertising by using your browser settings to block cookies to notify you when a cookie is set.
Your California Privacy Rights
THIRD PARTY USAGE
Third Party Advertisement and Analytic Services
Third Party Sites
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site and App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or from our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.