The Edge of Glory
Essence tells readers that a gorgeous hairline has deep cultural roots, and Oribe Editorial Stylist Nai'vasha Johnson celebrated the beauty of edges—whether sleek, curly, or designed—throughout the expertly styled story that appears in the April issue. Nai'vasha, one of the most highly sought-after celebrity stylists, gives us the run down on the intricately crafted bun-and-baby-hair do.
Get the Look:
- Prep hair with Supershine Moisturizing Cream and brush thoroughly for manageability and shine.
- Create three sections in the hair, making sure the middle section is the thinnest.
- Braid the middle section.
- Delicately brush and leave out desired baby hairs around the hairline.
- Generously apply Gel Serum to the two outside sections and brush into a clean, sleek ponytail. Pin into a bun.
- Sparingly add Rock Hard Gel to the hair that was pulled out around the hairline and style into the ultimate baby-hair design.
- Finsih with a misting of Côte d'Azur Luminous Hair & Body Oil.