Modern Salon x Oribe Portfolio Contest 2018
Oribe Hair Care and Modern Salon Magazine invite you to create a stunning and unique style inspired by Oribe's 10 year anniversary and the cult classic Dry Texturizing Spray. Capture it on camera and submit your collection for your chance to win a feature in Modern Salon Magazine.
HOW TO ENTER
Step 1: Create a concept around Oribe’s 10 year anniversary (anniversary-inspired) hair.
Step 2: Use Oribe products to style a look befitting of a Modern Salon Magazine feature. Feel free to pull it back, keep it down or add an Oribe accessory. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray must be used in at least one of the steps.
Step 3: Snap a minimum of five photos and submit the collection to [email protected] with "Modern Salon Contest Entry" in the subject line for a chance to win a feature in an upcoming issue of Modern Salon Magazine and mentions on modernsalon.com and Modern Salon’s social communities of more than 1.5 million followers. The hairdresser is only responsible for styling hair. A makeup artist and/or photographer may assist with the shoot, if needed.
- Shoot on a clean or stylized background.
- Since Modern Salon is a magazine that celebrates hair, make the shoot focused on hair. Fashion, makeup and photography cannot take center stage or compete with the hair finish. The model’s makeup should not overpower the hair and same goes for wardrobe choice.
- If nails show, make it count. No chips.
- Use a live model. Styles created on wigs and wig heads will not be considered.
- Collections should be a minimum of three cohesive images, each with a unifying factor. There needs to be a story. Ideally each image will feature something different and a different way to wear the look (the hair can be up in one shot, down in another and curled in another).
An individual may submit multiple portfolios.
Please include your name, your salon’s name (if applicable), a brief summary of your inspiration, a step-by-step how-to and which Oribe products you used to achieve the look.
Portfolios must be submitted to [email protected] between August 24, 2018 and September 10, 2018. Entries received after 11:59 p.m. on September 10, 2018, will not be eligible for entry.
All submitted portfolios must be original work created for this contest. Submissions to previous contests will not be considered.
All images must be available in high-res format upon request.
The winner will be contacted by Oribe Hair Care on or before September 15, 2018 and must respond by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, September 19, or a substitue winner will be chosen.
The winner will be selected by a panel of judges from Oribe Hair Care and Modern Salon Magazine's Editor-in-Chief Alison Alhamed.
THE FINE PRINT
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States.
1. Start/End Dates. Contest begins at 12:01 am Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on August 24, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EDT on September 10, 2018.
2. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years old or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Oribe Hair Care, LLC (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. How to Enter.
Step 1: Create a concept around Oribe’s 10 year anniversary (anniversary-inspired) hair.
Step 2: Use Oribe products to style a look befitting of a Modern Salon Magazine feature. Feel free to pull it back, keep it down or add an Oribe accessory. The look should be anniversary themed and Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray must be used in at least one of the steps. The hairdresser is only responsible for styling hair. A makeup artist and/or photographer may assist with the shoot, if needed.
Step 3: Snap at least five[JKB1] [RT2] photos and submit the collection (“Submission”), along with your name, your salon’s name (if applicable), a brief summary of your inspiration, a step-by-step how-to and which Oribe products you used to achieve the look, to [email protected] with "Modern Salon Contest Entry" in the subject line. NOTE: Each Submission should include a minimum of three cohesive images, each with a unifying factor, to tell a story. Ideally, each image should feature something different and a different way to wear the look (the hair can be up in one shot, down in another and curled in another).
All entry information and submissions shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria.
Entrants may submit multiple unique Submissions during the Contest Period.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission is entrant’s own creation and is 100% original; (c) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity and/or any other intellectual property right; and (d) the Submission (or any part thereof) has not been submitted previously in a contest or promotion of any kind, won any kind of award and/or been exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
Entrant must have permission from the model appearing in the Submission to use model’s name, photo, image and other likeness in the Submission for purposes of this Contest. The entrant must also be prepared to credit anyone who assisted in the preparation of the Submission, including makeup artist, photographer, stylist, etc. and, if requested by Sponsor, entrant must be able to provide such permission in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
All entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
4. Judging/Judging Criteria. Judges reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Submissions that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language. All Submissions will be judged by a panel of judges that have the required knowledge and experience to apply the judging criteria. All Submissions will be judged based on the following judging criteria:
(b) TECHNICAL EXECUTION - STYLE. Use of the Oribe stylers in the correct way (i.e. in accordance with the product directions) but also in an innovative way and creation of a look to demonstrate mastery of styling. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray must be used in at least one of the steps. This represents 20% of the total score.
(c) PROFESSIONALISM AND AESTHETICS OF THE PHOTO. The appearance and attractiveness of the overall look, considering the complete statement of hair, makeup and fashion, as well as the professionalism and aesthetics of the model and photography. This represents 40% of the total score.
5. Prizes. One (1) prize will be awarded to the best and most creative Submission as judged by the judging panel consisting of a full-page spread in an issue of Modern Salon Magazine, including mentions on modersalon.com and Modern Salon’s social media communities. There is no retail value assigned to the editorial coverage awarded to the winner. Prize is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. All expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winner.
6. Notification. Sponsor will contact the winner via email on or before September 15, 2018 (“Winner Announcement”). The potential winner must contact Sponsor via email within 7 days of the Winner Announcement to redeem their prize and will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) days of prize notification. Additionally, winner may be required to obtain releases from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions (e.g., makeup artist, photographer, wardrobe, stylist, etc). If any winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible in the event First Prize Submission is not used for any reason. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if [any] prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
8. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. List of Winners. To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 24, 2018, to Oribe Hair Care LLC, Power Drops Contest, 665 Broadway, Suite 502, New York, NY 10012..
12. Sponsor. Oribe Hair Care LLC, 665 Broadway, Suite 502, New York, NY 10012.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram LLC. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram. The information entrants provide will only be used in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this promotion must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Instagram. Further, entrants release Instagram and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the promotion.