Hair by Holli Smith for Oribe Hair Care
ďItís momís last lick of the hand to her sonís hair before he takes his school picture...itís fake organization,Ē said Holli Smith, lead stylist for Oribe Hair Care, when describing the look for Perry Ellis. Indeed there was something very boyish and relatable about the side-parted hair that was swept off the face with Maximista and finished with Dry Texturizing Spray. ďWe did a matte finish instead of a wet look so it wasnít like every other menís show,Ē Holli said. Paired with the fairly outdoorsy collection of heavy wool coats, plaid shirts and camouflage jackets, the spit-dried boyís crop elevated the total look in order to appeal to the refined Perry Ellis customer.
How to achieve this look:
1. Part hair on the left side of the head.
2. Apply Maximista to the hair and use a comb to define the part and smooth down the hair.
3. Take hair that is to the right of the part and push it to the side off the face. Try to keep the hair flat to the head. Use a clip to hold down the hair if necessary.
4. Apply Dry all over the head to give the hair a matte finish.
5. Seal the look in with Impermťable.