Wet and Wild
Oribe Hair Care was behind the scenes at more than a dozen shows during New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016. Here, we give you a sneak peek of the on-trend looks to try this spring.
Straight out of tropics and onto the runway, the wet look was a perfect complement to the light, breezy and beautiful styles seen at Veronica Beard and Wes Gordon. Scroll through the slideshow above and read below to get the looks.
Hair by Kien Hoang
Veronica Beard channeled late ’70s/early ’80s Miami for their Spring/Summer 2016 collection, with Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface serving as the muse. To complement the vibrant clothes in flattering, body-conscious cuts, lead hairstylist Kien Hoang for Oribe Hair Care created a sleek, wet-looking unstructured chignon with high shine. “The Veronicas wanted the girls to look like they’d just stepped out of the pool,” said Hoang of the look.
- Prep the hair with Run-Through Detangling Primer from roots to ends.
- Combine a generous amount of Curl Gloss and Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse in hands and apply from roots to ends, section-by-section, until the hair is completely saturated. “The Curl Gloss helps give this look high shine,” said Hoang.
- Tie the hair into a ponytail with a hair bungee band and then wrap the tail into an unstructured chignon, leaving half an inch at the ends out.
- Finish with a generous misting of Soft Lacquer Heat Styling Spray or Shine Light Reflecting Spray for intense shine and to accentuate the wet look of the hair.
Hair by James Pecis
Wes Gordon’s Spring/Summer 2016 collection played up the contrast between soft and harsh textures and demure strength on this season’s runway. Lead Stylist James Pecis used Oribe Hair Care to create the look he described as “90s goth – inspired by Winona Ryder in Beetlejuice.” Each model had a deep side part with long fringe swooped across the forehead. Models whose hair was too thick had it braided underneath to create the illusion of less hair.
- Prep hair with Maximista Thickening Spray, close and flat to head and directly back on both sides.
- Leave out a small piece of hair in front, about 1” back from the hairline.
- Spritz Volumista Mist for Volume on the front hair pieces and lay them flat against the forehead.
- Add Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse to the body of hair, scrunching in natural S-shaped wave.
- Add Dry Texturizing Spray for lived-in texture and Superfine Hair Spray for hold.
Hydration & Hold$37.00Quick
Surfcomber - Tousled
Soft Lacquer Heat
Spray$22.00 - $33.00Quick