Oribe Hair Care was behind the scenes at more than a dozen shows during New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016. Here, we give you a sneak peek of the on-trend looks to try this spring.
Textured looks turned heads on this season’s runway. From uneven fringe and a messy finish to glossy waves, our lead stylists used Oribe products to create avant-garde styles perfect for the cutting-edge looks shown at Baja East and Thomas Wylde. Scroll through the slideshow above and read below to get the looks.
Hair by James Pecis
When CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalist Baja East sent its tribe of wild hippies down the runway this season, shaggy wigs complemented the collection. The ’90s-inspired mullets, created by James Precis using Oribe Hair Care, added a sense of asymmetrical rock ’n’ roll to the runway.
- Prep hair with Foundation Mist and gently comb through.
- Section hair and comb through while gently wrapping hair around the head to form a bun.
- Secure the wig onto the head so it covers all natural hair.
- Use a razor to cut hair and achieve desired layers and length.
- Finish with Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse to create added texture and a tousled effect.
Hair by Marcos Diaz
Lead hairstylist Marcos Diaz for Oribe Hair Care was inspired by the grit and cool of the streets of New York when dreaming up the look for Thomas Wylde’s Spring/Summer 2016 collection. The result was a sexy, highly textured ‘do that you could easily imagine on the lead singer of a rock band. “I wanted the girls to feel super confident, but I didn’t want the look to be too contrived,” said Diaz of the look.