Badgley Mischka Spring/Summer 2016
Oribe Hair Care was behind the scenes at more than a dozen shows during New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016. Here, we give you a sneak peek of the on-trend looks to try this spring.
Hair by Peter Gray
This season’s Badgley Mischka collection was inspired by an imaginary trip to Buenos Aires in the 1950s. Our team used Oribe products to create a look that was young, soft and sensual—a departure from hairstyles of past seasons. Click through our slideshow to explore the look and learn how to get it.
Get the Look:
- Start with Maximista Thickening Spray as the base, and apply Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse at the crown where needed. “It’s important to get product right down to the root if you want volume,” Peter noted.
- Blast the hair dry, and create a soft, loose center part. “The parting is inspired by the Rorschach test on some of the clothing. We didn’t want it to be too defined, it’s about what works for each girl,” Peter described.
- Tuck hair behind both ears, pulling it flat at the temples.
- Use a 1 ¼ and 1 ½ inch curling iron to create a rough, uneven texture, leaving out the ends for more of a youthful feel.
- Rake hands through the hair to loosen the wave, and depending on the texture, spray Dry Texturizing Spray throughout, or if hair is thin use Thick Dry Finishing Spray.
- Once you have the soft, flowy texture with a loose and sensual wave, tie a piece of tulle around the neck, leaving hair under the tulle to create a soft dent.
- Tease hair by pulling it at the crown for volume, and use a combination of Dry Texturizing Spray and Superfine Hair Spray for texture and hold.
- At the last minute, remove the tulle and shake out the hair a bit.