Kelly Peach x Rocky Barnes
To celebrate the start of the year's sultriest season, Oribe Hair Care threw a summer soiree on the rooftop of SIXTY Beverly Hills, one of L.A.'s hottest spots. Just before the coctail party and sit-down dining experience, Oribe Educator Kelly Peach styled fashion icon and influencer Rocky Barnes using Featherbalm Weightless Styler, a new addition to the Oribe collection. The entire process—from blow dry to accessory placement—was documented on both Kelly and Rocky's Instagram accounts. "Rocky normally prefers a soft, beach wave, but she wanted to try a more refined look," Kelly said. "We incorporated two small fishtail braids into the style to add an extra element of playfulness."
Get the Look:
- Prep dry hair with Maximista Thickening Spray at the roots.
- Add 2-3 pumps of Featherbalm Weightless Styler from mid-shafts to ends. Use a blow dryer to power dry the hair for a smooth, shiny finish.
- Use a 1 1/4-inch curling iron and wrap sections of the hair in alternating directions to create a soft wave.
- Apply Dry Texturizing Spray to the roots for added volume.
- Use a tail comb to backcomb the roots and around the curvature of the head to begin the fishtail braids.
- Take a one-inch section in the front of the hairline and braid a fishtail back to the center of the head. Secure braid with a clear elastic. Repeat this on the opposite side of the head. *If hair is thin, apply Dry Texturizing Spray to the braid for grip and control.
- Add the Geometric Gold Plated Metal Barrette to secure the fishtail braids.
- Finish with Free Styler Working Hairspray for a light hold that lasts all night.