Just a few months ago, model Bella Hadid was ranked one of the top 50 models by models.com—an undisputable fact considering the stunning evidence on the August 2016 cover of Harper’s Bazaar Australia. Hairstylist Jenny Kim perfected the cover star’s look of strength and gracefulness. “We wanted Bella to look strong and beautiful, but I thought it would be nice to see a bit of texture in her hair,” said Jenny. “I put a soft bend in it and gave it a light sheen. It was important for the hair to move and have a bit of freedom.”
Get the Look:
- Lightly prep hair with Maximista Thickening Spray from roots to ends.
- Using only the hands and fingers, rough dry the hair, gently over-directing roots back and away from the face.
- Wrap 1-inch sections around a 1 ¼-inch tong, and work an S shape into the hair for soft movement.
- To create height at the top of the head and flatness on the sides, tong 1-2 inches away from the roots while over-directing for volume.
- Work a pea-size amount of Supershine Light Moisturizing Cream into palms. Rake it through the hair with your fingers to distribute and then massage through the ends to give a subtle sheen and separation. Start with less and add more as needed.